Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2016

Nature As Inspiration

While on a walk through a local outdoor mall my husband pointed out this tree.  He was looking at where the tree had been trimmed.  To him it was an "eye" looking at him.  I had to agree....those cuts on the tree created eyes that made it seem as if the tree came to life and could look at us as we passed by.  Maybe it was a trick of the evening darkness and street lights or it really was and eye?

My husband was taking photos and I could not resist snapping a few shots of my own with my phone camera.  Later, as he was processing his photos, we enjoyed a lively discussion about what we each saw and how we interpreted it differently.

So here are my photos.

 

I put them together in a collage and copied each one and flipped it so I had pairs of eyes.  Who knows when and where it may pop up again in one of my fiber designs.




Before I left the tree, I pointed my camera up and took a picture of the leaves overhead.  I have always had a fascination with trees and often try to personify them.  This was another opportunity to take a moment, observe, fantasize, dream and wonder about the little miracles that surround us.


No comments:

Post a Comment